Price per Person
In this 6 days tour, you will have the opportunity to visit many famous cultural sites, admire the natural beauties of Morocco, and explore traditional villages, where you will experience the hospitality of Moroccan desert people. Starting from Marrakech we will drive through Tizi-n-Tichka in the high Atlas Mountains. We will visit the Ait Ben Haddou village, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ouarzazate, Roses Valley, the Berber villages of Skoura and 'El Kelaa des MGouna' and 'Boumalne Dades'. The next day passing through Todra Gorges and Erfoud we will arrive at Merzouga. Your camels will take you to a Berber camp, where you will spend the night, reviving the nomadic Berber lifestyle. In the following days, you will visit Khamlia, a nomad family in their tent, Rissani, Alnif, Agdz, Tazarine, and the fascinating Draa Valley. On the next day, we will take our return route to Marrakech, where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Dades Valley.
- 1 night accommodation in desert camp.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Merzouga.
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Ouarzazate.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride for 1 hour. (If you are not interested to ride the camels, it is possible to drive you to the camp with the 4x4).
- Sand boards (available in the camp without charge).
- Airfare (Flight Ticket)
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Day 01 : Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – The valley of Roses – Dades Gorges
We will pick you up from your Riad/Hotel at 08:00 and we will leave Marrakech to begin our tour in the Dades Valley. We will pass through Tizi-n-Tichka in the high Atlas Mountains where we stop to admire the mountain view. The High Atlas Mountains are surrounded by beautiful landscapes and Berber villages. The reliefs of the mountains and the natural beauties create a breath-taking setting. We will visit the Ait Ben Haddou village, which is recognized as UNESCO World Heritage. It is famous as a backdrop for many films, including 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Gladiator' and 'Alexander'. We will take lunch here. Continuing our journey we will enjoy the natural beauty of the landscapes and historical monuments such as Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate and Roses Valley, which is renowned for the Festival of Roses. The journey reveals a diversity of incredible landscapes, from breath-taking mountains to green valleys and palm trees, until we reach the edge of the desert. We also pass through the little Berber villages of Skoura and "El Kelaa des M'Gouna" and "Boumalne Dades". The latter is our final stop for the day. We will stay overnight in a hotel which includes dinner and breakfast.
Day 02 : Dades Gorges – Todra Gorges – Erfoud – Merzouga (Camel ride & Night in the Desert)
From Boumalne Dades we will head to Merzouga and to one of the largest wind blown dunes in Morocco, Erg Chebbi. Through the Berber village Tinghir, we will visit Todra Gorge where the cliffs are as high as 600m and only 10m apart. We will leave Todra passing through many Berber villages to arrive in Tinjdad, where we can either stop for lunch or we can continue to Erfoud, the capital of fossils and dates, where you can taste the traditional food and visit the museum of fossils. After lunch, we will drive to Merzouga, where the camels will join us on our trek. Merzouga is an enchanting small village and is considered to be one of the gates of the Sahara Desert. The camels will take us to a Berber camp in the middle of an oasis amidst the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi, 20 km long and 5 km wide; it is also reputed as the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is a unique and diverse environment. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min to the camp, where we will set up in the Berbers' tents for our magic night in the desert. The camp and the tents are well equipped with all facilities, making you feel at home. In the middle of the desert, as the sun is hiding behind the dunes, you will enjoy your nomadic Berber dinner. After dinner, we will gather around the fire and enjoy the sound of traditional Berber drums under the stars. It will be a night hard to forget.
Day 03 : Merzouga – Khamlia – Nomad Family – Merzouga
Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara Desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will start an explorative journey of the area; you will visit the nomads in their goat hair tent and learn about desert life. Afterward, you will visit the Gnaoua people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, where you will have the opportunity to listen to their music and learn about their culture and lifestyle. Depending on what time of year you visit, you may have a visit to the lake of Merzouga and its bird population such as the “Flamingos”. Free afternoon and night in the hotel.
Day 04 : Merzouga – Market of Rissani – Merzouga
After breakfast, we will go to Rissani. Rissani has a life of its own; every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday are market days to buy spices, herbs, meats, vegetables, and fruits. The locals come to the market with their donkeys. In order to park the donkeys, they tie them on one leg and enter the souk. It's time to walk the corridors of the Rissani market and watch the sun's rays entering between the roofs. The colors stand out from the brown. It smells like cumin and freshly tanned leather. Some sellers try to pull you to see what they offer, others expect a show of interest before approaching. You will walk among donkeys, bicycles, and small cats. This town centuries ago was the first imperial city of Morocco. At its best, it was an important caravan center linking Sudan, the Gao salt mines, and the towns of southern Mauritania. In fact, the current dynasty was born in this area. Return to the hotel to rest and free afternoon, dinner, and overnight at the hotel.
Day 05 : Merzouga – Rissani – Alnif – Draa Valley – Agdez – Ouarzazate
After breakfast, we will continue driving towards Agdz via Alnif and Tazarine, before we get to the fascinating Draa Valley at the edge of the Ante Atlas Mountains, along which lay hundreds of Berber Kasbahs. This diverse setting, from the infinite desert to the picturesque green valleys and traditional villages, seduces and charms its visitors. We will pass through Agdz to end our journey in Ouarzazate. Dinner and overnight stay in the riad.
Day 06 : Ouarzazate – Telouet – High Atlas – Marrakech
After breakfast, we will set off for Marrakech; on our way, we will visit the Kasbah of Pacha Glaoui in Telouet. Then we will stop for lunch in a local restaurant in the middle of the high atlas. We will continue through the spectacular landscape of the High Atlas mountains, arriving in Marrakech late in the afternoon, when the tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 7 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- DEPARTURE POINT: Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
DEPARTURE TIME: 08:30 AM.
DURATION: 6 days
RETURN DETAILS: Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
Customize Morocco Tours
Everyone has different tastes and passions. Our objective is to create your Morocco Tours – personalized to suit your budget, the length of your trip, and the aspects of Morocco you wish to experience. Just let us know the days of your visit, the number in your party, and what you want to see and do. We will design a trip for you that you will never forget.
Your driver will pick you up from any Moroccan airport or riad in (Fez, Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Casablanca and other cities) and escort you to your desired destinations in a comfortable, air-conditioned, 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser. Although an itinerary will be prepared, you will have the flexibility to stop anywhere you like and travel at your own pace.
With us you can explore and enjoy all Morocco has to offer – Camel Trekking in the Sahara Sand Dunes, sleeping under the stars in a well organised camp with Berber tents, hiking the high Atlas Mountains, basking in the beautiful Atlantic coast, and exploring the historic imperial cities.
Please check into our suggested Morocco Tours for ideas for your trip. Tours may last a single day to several weeks and can start at any time of the day, any day of the week, and anywhere in Morocco. Airport transfers are provided for all our guests.
BOOK THIS TOUR
PRICING PER PAX
CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
- If you are interested to book Morocco Tours with us, we would raise a detailed itinerary with payment details.
- In order to book your any quoted tour, we require a deposit of 20% of the total amount. Balance can be paid upon the beginning of the tour.
You can pay the deposit via PayPal, Western union or bank transfer. The balance can be paid by cash in Euros or US Dollars, PayPal or Credit card in Mad adding 5% for the bank commission.
- Your Private Morocco Tours includes transportation via an air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser, all fuel expenses, and the services of your local driver/guide.
The cost will vary based on the following factors:
- The total number of the guest – the more of you traveling, the cheaper the tour gets as you are sharing the cost of 4×4-wheel car & fuel & driver (friends, family and loved ones).
- The number of days.
- Most of the hotels and riads, we recommend are 4* hotels; however, luxurious accommodations 5* are also available. In the desert we recommend special luxury tents with private bathrooms.
- The activities you may choose: camel trekking, sand boarding, quad & buggies riding, horses riding, air ballooning, etc.
- Adult & Child prices are available. Children under 10 years old can have a discount.
Full refund of your deposit will be available, if due to an emergency you cancel 30 or more days prior to the arrival date.
If you cancel between 30 and 14 days prior to the arrival date, we will keep the deposit.
If you cancel 14 days or less prior to the arrival date, we will require the full amount.
Please contact us for a complimentary quote of your desired itinerary, based on the number of travelers, dates of your trip, and the places you would like to see. This service is free and there is no obligation to reserve.