Price per Person
In this 4 days tour, you will have the opportunity to visit traditional villages, admire the natural beauties of Morocco, and also experience the life and hospitality of Moroccan desert people away from the noisy cities, surrendering yourself to the magical atmosphere of the Sahara Desert. Starting from Fez we will travel through the middle Atlas to Ilfrane, Azrou, Midelt, and Todra Gorges and we will arrive at Merzouga, where the desert experience begins. The camels will take you to a Berber camp, where you will spend the night, reviving the nomadic Berber lifestyle. The next day we will explore the area, and visit Khamliya and a nomad family. On the last day, we will return to Fez, where the tour ends.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up & drop you off at your accommodation in Fes.
- Berber tent accommodation in the desert with enough blankets. No need to bring your sleeping bag.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- A room where you will leave your luggage while you ride the camel to the camp.
- It is possible to take a backpack with you on the camel.
- Sand boards ( available in the camp without charge).
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride
- If you are not interested to ride the camels for 1 hour. It is possible to ride the camel for a short time and take the 4x4 to the camp.
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at the meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Day 01 : Fez – Ifrane – Azrou – Midelt – Todra Gorges
After breakfast, we will start our 4 days Tour from Fez to Merzouga Desert. You will be amazed by the diversity of the incredible landscapes, from the picturesque green valleys and forests to the imposing mountains. Passing through Ifrane, we will arrive at the cedar forests of Azrou, where we will have the chance to see the wild monkeys, the Barbary apes, in their natural habit. We will continue our journey, we will stop for lunch at Zaida, a small Berber village, and then through the Atlas Mountains enjoying the landscapes of Midelt, we will arrive in the small town of Rich. Here, we turn right to pass through the famous town of Imilchil before arriving at Todra Gorges in the evening.
Day 02 : Todra Gorges – Tingher – Tinjdad – Rissani – Erfoud – Merzouga
Today we will head to Merzouga. Berber villages are scattered along the way. We’ll enjoy the road pass through Tinjdad, Jorf, and Erfoud until we arrive at Merzouga, where the desert experience begins. Merzouga is a small enchanting village, considered to be one of the gates of the Sahara. We’ll have lunch in Khamlia, the village which appears unchangeable for several centuries. After lunch, the camels will join us on our trek. They will take us to a Berber camp in the middle of an oasis amidst the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. 20 km long and 5 km wide; it is also reputed as the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is a unique and diverse environment. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min to the camp, where we will set up in the Berbers' tents for our magic night in the desert. The camp and the tents are well equipped with all facilities, making you feel at home. In the middle of the desert, as the sun is hiding behind the dunes, you will enjoy your nomadic Berber dinner. After dinner, we will gather around the fire and enjoy the sound of traditional Berber drums under the stars. It will be a night hard to forget.
Day 03 : Merzouga – Khamlia - Nomad Visit - Merzouga
Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel and we will start an explorative journey of the area; you will visit the nomads in their goat-hair tent and learn about the desert life. Afterward, you will visit the Gnaoua people, originally slaves brought from Sudan; here you will have the opportunity to listen to their music and learn about their culture and lifestyle. Depending on what time of year you visit, you may have a visit to the lake of Merzouga and its bird population such as the “Flamingos”. In the afternoon, we will drive you back to the hotel, where you will have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 04 : Merzouga – Ziz Valley - Midelt - Azrou – Ifrane - Fez
After breakfast, we will take our way back to Fez city via Ziz Valley and the Middle Atlas mountains. We will turn back through the cedar forests of Azrou and stop to watch the beautiful views and the Barbary Monkeys. Today we will have the opportunity to explore Ifrane, the “Switzerland of Morocco”. We will arrive at Fez late in the evening, when the tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 8 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Departure point: Your hotel or a designated central location in Fez.
Departure time: 08:00 AM Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Duration: 4 days.
Return Details: Returns to the original departure point.
Customize Morocco Tours
Everyone has different tastes and passions. Our objective is to create your Morocco Tours – personalized to suit your budget, the length of your trip, and the aspects of Morocco you wish to experience. Just let us know the days of your visit, the number in your party, and what you want to see and do. We will design a trip for you that you will never forget.
Your driver will pick you up from any Moroccan airport or riad in (Fez, Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Casablanca and other cities) and escort you to your desired destinations in a comfortable, air-conditioned, 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser. Although an itinerary will be prepared, you will have the flexibility to stop anywhere you like and travel at your own pace.
With us you can explore and enjoy all Morocco has to offer – Camel Trekking in the Sahara Sand Dunes, sleeping under the stars in a well organised camp with Berber tents, hiking the high Atlas Mountains, basking in the beautiful Atlantic coast, and exploring the historic imperial cities.
Please check into our suggested Morocco Tours for ideas for your trip. Tours may last a single day to several weeks and can start at any time of the day, any day of the week, and anywhere in Morocco. Airport transfers are provided for all our guests.
BOOK THIS TOUR
PRICING PER PAX
CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
- If you are interested to book Morocco Tours with us, we would raise a detailed itinerary with payment details.
- In order to book your any quoted tour, we require a deposit of 20% of the total amount. Balance can be paid upon the beginning of the tour.
You can pay the deposit via PayPal, Western union or bank transfer. The balance can be paid by cash in Euros or US Dollars, PayPal or Credit card in Mad adding 5% for the bank commission.
- Your Private Morocco Tours includes transportation via an air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser, all fuel expenses, and the services of your local driver/guide.
The cost will vary based on the following factors:
- The total number of the guest – the more of you traveling, the cheaper the tour gets as you are sharing the cost of 4×4-wheel car & fuel & driver (friends, family and loved ones).
- The number of days.
- Most of the hotels and riads, we recommend are 4* hotels; however, luxurious accommodations 5* are also available. In the desert we recommend special luxury tents with private bathrooms.
- The activities you may choose: camel trekking, sand boarding, quad & buggies riding, horses riding, air ballooning, etc.
- Adult & Child prices are available. Children under 10 years old can have a discount.
Full refund of your deposit will be available, if due to an emergency you cancel 30 or more days prior to the arrival date.
If you cancel between 30 and 14 days prior to the arrival date, we will keep the deposit.
If you cancel 14 days or less prior to the arrival date, we will require the full amount.
Please contact us for a complimentary quote of your desired itinerary, based on the number of travelers, dates of your trip, and the places you would like to see. This service is free and there is no obligation to reserve.