Price per Person
In this 4 days tour, you will have the opportunity not only to explore many famous cultural sites and villages in Morocco but also to experience the life and the hospitality of Moroccan desert people. Starting from Fez, the oldest city of Morocco, we will travel through the middle Atlas to Ifrane, the “Moroccan Switzerland”, Azrou and Midelt, ending up in Merzouga, where the desert experience begins. Your camels will take you to a Berber camp, where you will spend the night, reviving the nomadic Berber lifestyle. The tour continued by visiting Rissani, Erfoud, Tinghir, and Todra Gorges, Dades Gorges, Ouarzazate, “the Hollywood of Africa”, visiting Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, and driving through the High Atlas Mountains, we will reach Marrakech, where the tour will end.
You will travel through the middle Atlas via Ifrane “Moroccan Switzerland” and Azrou. You will have a stop at the cedar forest for a visit to Cedre Gouraud Tree where you will see Barbary apes. From here we drive further south passing by several towns and you will get the opportunity to view nomads living in tents along the way. You will also see the volcanic rocks.
- Private tour & Transportation with A/C and seat-belt.
- Pick you up from your accommodation in Fez & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Hotels accommodations, dinners and breakfasts (Vegetarians are welcome).
- 1 night accommodation in desert camp with dinner and breakfast.
- Experienced driver/guide English speaking.
- Fuel, tolls and all associated expenses.
- Camel warden.
- Camel ride for 1 hour. (If you are not interested to ride the camels, it is possible to drive you to the camp with the 4x4).
- Sand boards (available in the camp without charge).
- Airfare (Flight Ticket)
- Noon meal. (Possibility of picnic or restaurants).
- Drinks at meal.
- Tips and personal miscellaneous expenses.
- Entry fees to Monuments / Museums / Kasbahs
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the program
Day 01 : Fez – Ifrane – Azrou – Midelt – Merzouga
After breakfast in your Riad or Hotel at 08:00 AM, you will travel through the middle Atlas via Ifrane “Moroccan Switzerland” and Azrou. You will have a stop at the cedar forest for a visit to Cedre Gouraud Tree where you will see the Barbary apes in their natural habitat. From here we drive further south passing by several towns and you will get the opportunity to view nomads living in tents along the way. You will also see the volcanic rocks. Our next stop will be in Midelt where you will enjoy your lunch. We will continue our drive by crossing the Tizi N’Talghomt Passageway (1907 m) while enjoying the panoramic view. You will also pass through Ziz Gorge and the tunnel. Near Errachidia, you will see the Barrage Hassan Al-Dakhil which has turquoise blue water. Driving to Erfoud, you will have a stop for a panoramic view of Aoufous palm trees along the Ziz River. You will be amazed by the diversity of the incredible landscapes, from the seductive atmosphere of the infinite desert to the picturesque green valleys and forests. Your journey continues to Merzouga via Erfoud through the oasis of Tafilalet, the largest date palm grove in Morocco. We will reach Merzouga in the afternoon and check in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
Day 02 : Merzouga area and the Camel Trek
After breakfast in the hotel, you will start an explorative journey of the area; you will visit the nomads in their goat-hair tent and learn about desert life. Afterward, you will visit the Gnaoua people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, here you will have the opportunity to listen to their music and learn about their culture and lifestyle. Depending on what time of year you visit, you may have a visit to the lake of Merzouga and its bird population such as the “Flamingos”. In the afternoon, the camels will join us on our trek. The camels will take us to a Berber camp in the middle of an oasis amidst the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. 20 km long and 5 km wide; it is also reputed as the highest sand dunes in North Africa. It is a unique and diverse environment. The camel trek takes about 1hr 30 min to the camp, where we will set up in the Berber's tents for our magic night in the desert. The camp and the tents are well equipped with all facilities, making you feel at home. In the middle of the desert, as the sun is hiding behind the dunes, you will enjoy your nomadic Berber dinner. After dinner, we will gather around the fire and enjoy the sound of traditional Berber drums under the stars. It will be a night hard to forget.
Day 03 : Merzouga – Rissani – Erfoud – Tinghir – Todra Gorges – Dades Gorges
Wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise on the top of the dunes in the Sahara desert, then have your breakfast. After these beautiful moments, you will ride your camel back to the hotel where you can shower. We depart towards Tinghir passing by Erfoud and Tinejdad. We will have a break for lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue to Todra gorges via Tinghir. This magic scenery seduces and charms its visitors. We will stop along the way for photos and admire the landscape. Upon arrival to Todra Gorges, we will enjoy its marvelous Canyons views while hiking, and finally, we will arrive in the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 04 : Dades Gorges - Ouarzazate- Ait Ben Haddou - High Atlas Mountains - Marrakech
After breakfast, we’ll drive through the Dades Valley towards Kelaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the way of the thousand Kasbahs, will provide numerous photo opportunities. We will visit the Roses valley and Skoura village, then continue to Ouarzazat, “the Hollywood of Africa”. We will have lunch at the famous Ait Ben Haddou kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco. After touring this UNESCO World Heritage sightseeing, our journey will continue through the majestic Tizi n'Tichka passageway, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the impressive scenery and visit the argan oil cooperative. We will arrive in Marrakech late in the afternoon. Drop off at your Marrakech riad/hotel around 17:30/18:00 pm approx, where the tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Note that due to the long distances, approximately 7 hours will be spent driving each day.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- DEPARTURE POINT: Your hotel or a designated central location in Fez.
DEPARTURE TIME: 08:30 AM.
DURATION: 4 days
RETURN DETAILS: Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
Customize Morocco Tours
Everyone has different tastes and passions. Our objective is to create your Morocco Tours – personalized to suit your budget, the length of your trip, and the aspects of Morocco you wish to experience. Just let us know the days of your visit, the number in your party, and what you want to see and do. We will design a trip for you that you will never forget.
Your driver will pick you up from any Moroccan airport or riad in (Fez, Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Casablanca and other cities) and escort you to your desired destinations in a comfortable, air-conditioned, 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser. Although an itinerary will be prepared, you will have the flexibility to stop anywhere you like and travel at your own pace.
With us you can explore and enjoy all Morocco has to offer – Camel Trekking in the Sahara Sand Dunes, sleeping under the stars in a well organised camp with Berber tents, hiking the high Atlas Mountains, basking in the beautiful Atlantic coast, and exploring the historic imperial cities.
Please check into our suggested Morocco Tours for ideas for your trip. Tours may last a single day to several weeks and can start at any time of the day, any day of the week, and anywhere in Morocco. Airport transfers are provided for all our guests.
BOOK THIS TOUR
PRICING PER PAX
CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
- If you are interested to book Morocco Tours with us, we would raise a detailed itinerary with payment details.
- In order to book your any quoted tour, we require a deposit of 20% of the total amount. Balance can be paid upon the beginning of the tour.
You can pay the deposit via PayPal, Western union or bank transfer. The balance can be paid by cash in Euros or US Dollars, PayPal or Credit card in Mad adding 5% for the bank commission.
- Your Private Morocco Tours includes transportation via an air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser, all fuel expenses, and the services of your local driver/guide.
The cost will vary based on the following factors:
- The total number of the guest – the more of you traveling, the cheaper the tour gets as you are sharing the cost of 4×4-wheel car & fuel & driver (friends, family and loved ones).
- The number of days.
- Most of the hotels and riads, we recommend are 4* hotels; however, luxurious accommodations 5* are also available. In the desert we recommend special luxury tents with private bathrooms.
- The activities you may choose: camel trekking, sand boarding, quad & buggies riding, horses riding, air ballooning, etc.
- Adult & Child prices are available. Children under 10 years old can have a discount.
Full refund of your deposit will be available, if due to an emergency you cancel 30 or more days prior to the arrival date.
If you cancel between 30 and 14 days prior to the arrival date, we will keep the deposit.
If you cancel 14 days or less prior to the arrival date, we will require the full amount.
Please contact us for a complimentary quote of your desired itinerary, based on the number of travelers, dates of your trip, and the places you would like to see. This service is free and there is no obligation to reserve.